Here are a few Wedding tips, tricks and 101 to keep in mind as you plan for your wedding and on your special day.
- Place a line on your RSVP card for your guest to add a “requested song”. When you get all the RSVP cards returned to you, then you will have your song play list for your reception and bonus your guests will love to hear the song they requested.
- Don’t wear a bra the morning of your wedding to avoid bra marks on your back and shoulders that will be visible in your wedding photos.
- Have your photographer take a picture from behind as you get ready to walk down the aisle so you can capture the guests’ faces and your groom when you are revealed for the first time.
- The easiest way to pee in your wedding dress is to sit on the toilet backwards facing the wall.
- Ask your caterer to pack some food for you and your groom and place to the side so that you will have something to eat after the reception (since most bride and grooms are mingling and don’t stop long enough to eat).
- Don’t forget to feed your vendors, DJ or anyone that is assisting you on your special day.
- If you need your wedding dress altered, be sure and sit down after it is pinned and before altered to make sure it still fits.
- Set aside “tip envelopes” for anyone that you should tip separately so you are not scrambling around looking for cash.
- If you plan on having an outdoor wedding during warmer months make or buy your programs that can double as a fan.
- Wear a new perfume on your wedding day so when you wear it any time afterwards, you will be reminded of your special day.
- Put deodorant on the inside of your legs and then sprinkle baby powder over it to avoid rashes, chaffing and rubbing.
- Have a basket of activities/ toys for children to keep them entertained and happy at your wedding and/or reception.
- If you send your wedding invitation to Mickey and Minnie Mouse they will send you a “Just Married” button and autographed photograph.The Walt Disney Company
Mickey and Minnie Mouse
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521
- Renting a photo booth is a great addition to entertain your guests and can double as party favors for them to take home.
- To prevent your feet from sliding out of your shoes (if you tend to have sweaty feet) place a panty liner in the bottom of your shoe. The liner will absorb the sweat.
- Wrap your 3rd and 4th toe together if your shoes are uncomfortable. This prevents the nerves from being strained that run between those toes.
- If you have a pimple the day of your wedding, place an ice cube on the pimple for 30-60 seconds to remove the swelling and then use eye drops to reduce the redness.
- Always allow an extra hour for hair and makeup!
- When telling your wedding party to be somewhere at a certain time push it back by 20 to 3o minutes, so that everyone is on time (you know there is always someone in the group that is notoriously late!!)
- Have snacks and beverages for your wedding party while getting ready (check your venue if this allowed).
- If you have out of town guests that are staying in a hotel then place a goody basket in their room.
- Don’t forget to send thank you cards out no later than 2 weeks after you have received your gift. This applies to gifts at your engagement party, bridal showers and on your wedding day.
- If you are having an outdoor wedding, make sure you have a backup venue. Mother Nature is unpredictable!
- If your budget allows, hire a wedding planner. They will take care of last minute details on your wedding day, which will keep you from being stressed.
- Wear your new heels indoors a week prior to your wedding to “break them in”. Do not wait until that day to put them on for the first time.
- Have at least 2 to 3 food items specifically for children whether it’s a buffet or sit down dinner.
- Spray bobby pins with hairspray to keep them in place longer.